Friday, May 06, 2005

In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning...

I love Frank Sinatra and as I'm freakin' still awake that song came to mind. Too bad that song is about staying up thinking about a girl, which I'm not doing. I'm actually up and thinking about my LORD.

How God's love extends to me, I just don't know. Yet I'm so very grateful. In pondering the depth of my humanity and the vastness of my sin, I find myself clinging to the truth that in Him I have everything. And He is all I want! He is ALL I want!

Through a few tears tonight and a loss for words to express my gratefulness for the acceptance that He gives me so freely, I lay broken and wanting more of Him. It's sick though that in spite of my knowledge of His accepting me and loving me and wanting more of me that I desire so badly to be accepted and loved and wanted by a human other. God feels so far away sometimes...why is that?...yet His presence is real and I trust that He is ALWAYS with me.

May you, no matter what time of day or night, know that He accepts and loves and wants more of you. Why? I have absolutely no clue and that makes it that much more amazing!!

4 comments:

Travis Crow said...

It is amazing how His love extends to us. I can't fully grasp why, either. I know what you mean about being broken and coming to Him that way. Why does He do it and delight in that reconciliation EVERY TIME? It's a gift.

You've got a great blog.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your heart and your honesty. It's encouraging.

Bar L. said...

When I read your blog today I was reminded of David. David was a man after God's heart. God used David when he was young, He used him after he messed up big time, and he used him to write so many Psalms that comfort us and show us that God loves even in our most "human" moments.

I think you are a man after God's heart. We know He has a special plan for you (as for all of us). And I would bet money (is that a sin?) that one of the special things in your future will be a wonderful young woman that you will have a beautiful and lasting relationship with. (I'm praying along those lines for you...in God's will of course).

Thanks for being so vulnerable on your blog and for sharing how much you love God. I get pumped up every time I read it because it makes me stop and join you in thanking Him, praising Him and saying "WOW! You, the Creator of the universe, love ME!"

BJ said...

not1jot--

I don't mind at all, I'm honored that you would include my link on your site. Thanks for all your support and encouragement. Bless you!