Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Lap of My Savior


Here is a picture that is one of my all-time favorites. Like a child on his father's lap, so are we in our relationship with our Lord. There are so many things that vie for our attention and yet developing a depth of relationship with God is the most fulfilling pursuit that one could undertake. I love this picture because I can just imagine this little guy making Jesus his climbing wall and fighting so hard to get up onto His lap. When he finally makes, there is a deep sense of home that can be felt, a real love that doesn't mind trading exchanged words with felt presence. Oh to sit on the lap of my Savior and feel the warmth of His embrace, the fullness of His care, and the depth of His love. This picture came from the web somewhere, and it has inspired me (and many of my friends--especially Sue) to just sit with Jesus.

May you find yourself this day drawn more fully to the lap of your Savior where you can just sit and rest and enjoy Him.

5 comments:

BJ said...

Hey all, I'm not sure why my comments haven't been working. At first I thought everyone stopped reading my site. (I was a little bummed not to see any comments, but when I tried to post a comment something like, "Hello, anyone out there?" and couldn't, I figured that you probably couldn't either. Anyway...they're working again, so let me know what you're thinking. Bless you!

Bar L. said...

Oh Good! It works again. I will never stop reading. Did you get my email about this post or should I re-write it? Good to see you :)

Mellie Helen said...

What a tender picture. I love how He is so gently sharing the wonder and beauty of creation with His little one, as He wishes to do with all of us. Would that we all had eyes to see and ears to hear so clearly what Jesus has to show and tell us!

Anonymous said...

That's funny how one picture can express so much and yet so differently to the observer. I've seen that picture a hundred times. Each time from my own perspective, I imagine Jesus scooping up a frantic toddler who is running around and Jesus sets him on his lap to settle and quiet him down to rest and to see, hear or experience something he would completely miss if he wasn't still enough to notice. Thank God, he does that for me...scoops me out of my craziness to be still and rest in Him since I definately am horrible about settling down on my own. I guess artwork really does hit something deep within our own experiences. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Holly said...

Beautiful Post!!